Author Topic: Funeral  (Read 1189 times)

Chell

Funeral
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
Y&R rushes through funerals.  When Mrs. C "died" they found her "body" and had her funeral the same day (in the very next episode.)  Now that Brad has died they have done the same thing.  They could at least wait a few episodes so it looks like it is the next day not the same day that the body is found.
CHELL

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: Funeral
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »
I thought it was nice though that the explained about how in the Jewish faith they believe you should bury the dead in 24 hours after they pass and about the rendering of the clothing. I enjoyed the flashbacks, too. He sure was a skrawny kid in the flashback where he met Tracy by the pool.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Chell

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
I forgot he was Jewish.  I am so use to all the soaps being Catholic. I missed the first half hour of Friday's show due to my daughters speech therapy appointment.  I didn't see the explanation of the Jewish faith.  By the time we got home, they had already had the burial.
CHELL

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:07:28 AM »
They bury very fast, as they do not believe in embombing(sp) the body.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Chell

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
They bury very fast, as they do not believe in embombing(sp) the body.
embalming  sorry I just had to help you out with that word.

I didn't know that was the reason for Jewish people burying within 24-hours but I did know they buried within 24-hours. 
CHELL

Dizzydeni

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
Thanks Chell, I am usually good with spelling but that word threw me for a loop. :confused
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.