Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars - but who are they?  (Read 2488 times)

Dizzydeni

Dancing With The Stars - but who are they?
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:54:47 AM »
The line up is out for March, and I would like to know who the hell these people are, hehe!

Belinda Carlisle
Chuck Wicks
David Alan Grier
Denise Richards
Gilles Marini
Jewel Kilcher
LawrenceTaylor
LilKim
Nancy Odell
Shawn Johnson
Steve Wozniak
Ty Murray

Aside from Lawrence Taylor (NY Giants) I could care less about this season.  This will be the first time that if I miss a show, I miss nothing.
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Chell

Re: Dancing With The Stars - but who are they?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »
I have never been a Dancing With the Stars fan and this season doesn't look like it is going to make me one.  Out of those 12 names I recognize 2 maybe 3 of them. Good luck to the contestants but I won't be watching.
CHELL

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
Belinda Carlisle (Lead singer of the Go-Gos)
Chuck Wicks (???)
David Alan Grier  (comedian/actor)
Denise Richards  (actress, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife)
Gilles Marini  (???)
Jewel Kilcher  (Singer)
LawrenceTaylor  (Football player, NY Giants)
LilKim  (Hip-hop singer)
Nancy Odell  (???)
Shawn Johnson  (Olympic gymnist)
Steve Wozniak  (Co-founder of Apple Computers)
Ty Murray  (???)

I couldn't care less to tell you the truth. Which is just fine as I allready have too many shows to watch.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

WonderFuller

• MSN ID: - MissChanadelorBong-
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »
Totally not interested this season.  Although, I don't think I watched last one either (with Chloris Leachman).  If I have another show on during the same timeslot, which I do sometimes (Heroes) I don't watch DWTS.  The last season I watched was the one with Kristi Yamaguchi and Adam Carolla.  That was a good group of people. 

and to answer the ??? in your post Kris...Gilles Marini was apparently in the SATC movie (as Carrie's neighbor?  I've never seen it, just heard that is who he is).  Nancy O'Dell is a host of a hollywood insider type show (think Entertainment Tonight type show).  Chuck Wicks...he is a country singer.  Ty Murray is Jewel's husband and a rodeo athelete.

WonderFuller

• MSN ID: - MissChanadelorBong-
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:31:42 AM »
Gilles Marini exploded onto the scene as Dante, the Casanova living in the beach house next door to Kim Cattrall's Samantha in the Sex and the City movie, a role which has earned him international recognition. Born and raised in France, Gilles joined the French army and was stationed in Paris, where he acted as a fireman for the famous Brigade des Sapeurs Pompiers de Paris. After fulfilling his military duties, Gilles decided to go to the United States to learn English while working as a model. Gilles, who has appeared in series such as Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money, and Criminal Minds, will next be seen as Vanessa Redgrave's husband on FX's Nip/Tuck. Gilles currently resides in California with his wife Carole, son Georges, and daughter Juliana.

snady

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
The lineup this season is not great but I will still be watching.  It's a great mindless show to watch on the treadmill because of the music and the shape of the dancers.  Anything that keeps me on longer helps!

keenpatty

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
Update: According to the LA Times, Pro Julianne HoughChelsie Hightower from So You Think You Can Dance.

For being on another network, they sure are showing interest in SYTYCD dancers.
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 11:38:11 AM »
LOL @ Snady....that is one awsome idea!! :tu:
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »
Patty which of the mean is Julianna's boyfriend?  Is it the country singer, Chuck Wicks??  I am not happy with the cast, but I will probably watch it anyway.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »
I heard Julianna's boyfriend was going to be partnered with Julianna. I don't remember his name but how fair is that?

I am not at all impressed with this line up. I know who Lawrence Taylor is and I've heard of Nancy ODell but I have no idea who any of the other people are.
I just hope they can dance.
I'll try watching it but I find it's not as exciting when you're watching a bunch of strangers.
Sheryl

Dizzydeni

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:52:25 AM »
I am kind of hoping that there is something else that I watch at that time in that slot.....thats sick!
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »
Nancy O'Dell is a host of EXTRA, I think. Sheryl, yes Julianne will be paired with her real boyfriend. Also Max and Katerina Smiroff (spg) are engaged and they will be competing. That should be interesting to watch. I can't stand Denise Ricards and the only one I really think will be funny is David Allen Grier, I like him.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Dizzydeni

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »
Did they give out the paring yet?  I would love to see what loser Max is dancing with this year.

hyattsfolly

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
I don't think I care enough to watch it this season.
😜 Melinda 😜

snady

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
I heard that Tony D. is dancing with Nancy O'Dell.