Author Topic: Abigail's big career move  (Read 270 times)

Glee

• Global Moderator
Abigail's big career move
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8636232/1/

Abigail begins her first day as a Mad World Cosmetics intern and is astounded by Madison's plans for her.

Madison takes Abigail to Quinn's spa and announces that she wants her to be the face of Mad World, along with ex-friend Melanie. "I think Abigail is excited about the opportunity to model, but to do it with Melanie is such a double-edged sword" expresses Kate Mansi. Madison advises Abigail and Melanie to think seriously about her offer before accepting.

Abigail and Melanie confer and admit that they do miss each other. "Abigail has to swallow her pride and listen to her friend," voices Mansi. "She has to realize that Melanie is a good person and that she didn't mean to hurt her. Otherwise, Abigail has to say good-bye to the whole idea of modeling."

The chance to work as a model is empowering for Abigail. "The part of it that is so enticing to Abigail involves Austin," explains Mansi. "Every girl would like to say to the guy that they're interested in 'Yeah, I'm a model.' It means that people are interested in Abigail, and that she is attractive. Abigail thinks, 'If I'm a model, maybe then Austin will notice me."

Abigail fantasizes about telling Austin that she's a model and imagines him responding with a kiss. Excited to share her news, Abigail meets with Austin. But he bursts Abigail's bubble when he bluntly asks if she has gotten her parents' permission. "She wants him to see her as a woman, but, instead, Austin sees her as someone who needs her parents' permission to have a career," groans Mansi. "It's a huge disappoinment."

Austin sense Abigail's hurt and apologizes. A determined Abigail resolves to change Austin's mind about her.