Author Topic: Season 11  (Read 3134 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Season 11
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
Anyone watching?
If so, do you have any favorites or someone you can't wait to get rid of?

My favorite is Hollie. In my opinion, vocally she's the best then Jessica.
Most of the others all need to take some voice lessons and learn how to breath and where the sound should be coming from.
Listening to some of them is like nails on a blackboard.
And I'm sorry but I just don't see why the judges like, I mean LOVE, DeAndrea. He he was a female and auditioned for the show, he would be laughed at and sent home.
His falsetto is horrible.

keenpatty

Re: Season 11
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
I love DeAndre when he sings in his natural voice instead of full falsetto. I love Jessica. Elise brought the house down last night in my opinion. I've been on the fence about her, but last night she proved herself.

The only one I REALLY don't like is the country singer that sang a Miranda Lambert song last night. Can't think of her name right now, but I can't sit thru a whole song with her.
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »
Patty, it's so good to be able to discuss Idol with you again.
You're right. Elise did bring the house down. I haven't been a fan of hers but she impressed the heck out of me last night. Maybe she needs to stick with Rock n Roll.
And Skylar is the country singer. I'm not a big country fan or a big fan of hers but to tell you the truth, her voice is a lot more pleasant to listen to them some of the others.
As you may remember from other years, I tend to favor the people who sing with deeper and richer tones.
The nasally in the throat tones turn me right off.
Colton is a big offender.
I really wanted to like him cause he's kind cute but this is a singing contest, lol, and his voice grates on my nerves. Same with Joshua.

keenpatty

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
I guess Dial Idol was correct with showing Hee Jun at the bottom of the list. I think he burned too many bridges with his attitude in the song he sang last week or whenever it was that he sang that Elton John song. It was so obviously aimed at the judges. Not good to do so early in the season. I think that was the first time I've noticed Steven Tyler get that angry of a look on his face.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
I think this is the first week dial idol has been right about who was at biggest risk to go home but I'm not so sure they were right about who got the most votes unless Idol is making up their own bottom 3.
In any event, I can't say I'm sad to see Heejun go althought I would have much prefered to get rid of a few of the other idols first.
I'm just really glad Hollie didn't go home.
She has such a beautiful voice but her biggest problem is she really doesn't have any personality.
She needs to be able to connect with the audience and make them like her and not necessarily her singing since as we all know, for most people this is more of a personality contest rather the a singing contest.
The average person has no clue what a good voice is. Some people can't even tell when a person doesn't sing in key, lol.

keenpatty

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
I think part of being a singer is being able to hold your audience. For instance, my niece went to see Whitney Houston (God rest her soul) when she was at the peak in her career. People in the audience actually boo'd her. According to my niece she kept looking at the band, her watch and even when she was talking, she wasn't really looking out into the audience. I was shocked to hear this, but singing live may not have been her thing or she may have been having a bad day. Who knows? She was a mega talent though and I love her voice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the biz is all about entertaining and I agree with you that Hollie has to work on that in order to gain new votes. Elise did that and I think she's been bottom 3 twice, but she came back with both barrels this week.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
I like Jessica Sanchez, mind you I'm way behind in watching since I only have time on Sunday afternoons. I got to the first show where they booted Jeremy Rosado off, I think he was better then some of the guys that are still there. I also like Erica Van Pleet, I think that is her name.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
Heejun sang "It's my Life", and Patty I think your right, he picked the wrong song.  I like his voice though but he wasn't taking the show seriously.  The judges saw in him some singing ability but he blew it.  Hollie is my favorite but she doesn't have enough stage presence.  Elsie bothers me, I don't know what it is about her, but I don't like her.  Maria, I felt bad when Jeremy was sent home.  I agree with you, I think he is far better then some of the other males on this year.  I am a country fan, but the gal who was runner up is far better singer then Skylar.  And Deandrea, forget about it, sorry but I don't like that high falsetto voice, the judges seem to love it though.  Patty, it's so good to have you back where you belong, here talking about Idol, I missed that last year.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
I totally agree with you Patty about being able to hold your audience.
Hollie just doesn't connect with the audience. I thought she sang well for the most part last night but instead of looking at the judges or guitar player, she should have tried to connect with the audience. I think another problem of hers is one that I thought was a problem with Erica too and that's that neither one of them had a lot of  tone change when they sang. Sometimes you need to emphasize certain words.

I haven't been a Skylar fan but she really impressed me last night. In fact, I thought she was the best out of all of them.
And there must be something wrong with the sound on my TV cause I certainly wasn't hearing what the judges were hearing, lol.
I didn't like Jessica and Joshua's duet because it just sounded like a lot of screaming.

They both scream too much for me and don't always place the sound in the proper place.
I still think DeAndrea is horrible. I just don't get what the judges see in him and I don't like Colton. He sounds nasally when he sings and doesn't pronounce his words clearly. He barely opens his mouth when he sings.
Elise is off my good list again. I didn't care for her singing at all last night.
I have a feeling Hollie could be in trouble tonight just because of that connection problem. If she's in the bottom, I hope they judges save her.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »
Yeah! we got rid of DeAndrea. I thought for sure the judges would save him. Maybe Jennifer was the only judge who really liked him.
And when Ryan told Hollie to go back to the couch, I was clapping my hands and jumping for joy.

She better bring it next week or she could be going home soon.

keenpatty

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
I was sad to see DeAndre go. Guess my votes will go to whomever sings and entertains the best of that particular night, instead of for overall performances from anyone in particular.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
I am so glad DeAndrea went home.  At least he'll go on tour with the rest of them, but I think he is the worse performer out of the guys.  JoLo I think was the only one who ever liked him.  Skylar was great last week, and I thought Hollie tried to connect, she really was adorable in that outfit, she is so petite.  I hope she brings it tonight.  She and Skylar are my favorties along with Jessica. It's time for a female to take home the grand prize.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Me again, WOW talk about drama last night!  I wasn't surprised to see Josh, Jessica and Elise in the bottom three.  And I wasn't even surprised that Jess was the one who would go home if the judges wouldn't save her, which of course they did, in a dramatic way if I may add.  Personally, I have never been a fan of Elise, so I wished she would have gone home, would the judges save her???  Good question, not so sure.  Jessica's fan base I would have to think are the much younger crowd and her song choice was the wrong one for them.  It will be interesting to see now who will go home next especially since they don't have any more saves.  Look what happened to Pia Toscano?  It was great seeing James and Jennifer Hudson on last night.  James said he got married but I couldn't hear who his best man was.  I thought Hudson was great, has she certainly come a long way.  At least Simon Cowell can't take bids on "discovering" her.
Rose

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
I think the judges ruined things for Jessica. It seems the buzz around Idol websites is she'll be going home this week after Randy basically told the America they were stupid and don't know anything.
Maybe it's the other way around.
My problem with Jessica is that she just screams and everything sounds the same. She doesn't place the tone in the right place so it comes off harsh. Same with Joshua.
I'd love to see both of them go.
The only time I liked Jessica is when she sang the Whitney Houston song.

Well this week will be interesting.
Hollie still hasn't connected with the audience. If she doesn't figure out how to do that soon she'll be gone.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
Now that I think back Sheryl, the best performance from Jessica is when she sang I will always love you.  I like Holly, I wished she wasn't so darn shy on stage, she's trying.   I honestly can say I don't really have a favorite this year as I had in previous years.  No one stands out for me.
Rose