Author Topic: Season 11  (Read 3150 times)

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
Re: Season 11
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
I love Jessica and was glad she was saved, I never knew what the judges saw in Colton. I'm  not a big fan of Philip either. Joshua is OK but I think Skyler is getting better and better, she was awesome last night, I have only seen the first performance cause I fell asleep but as soon as I get home today I'll watch. I loved Elise first choice, I really like her. I think the girls are so much better then the guys this year. I'm rooting for Jessica and Skyler but I also love Holly and Elise.

Maria
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
There's only been two nights that I've liked Elise and now she's gone which doesn't bother me.
Hollie is still my favorite and Skylar is second.
I'm sorry but I'm just not a Jessica fan and I can't stand Joshua's voice.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
Maria, sorry I know you like Elise, but I am glad she is gone.  I never liked her from day one, and it's just not the voice, it's her attitude, I just can't explain it.  I am a big country fan, so I would like to see Skylar in the finale.  I also like Hollie.  I agree, the girls are much more talented then the guys this year.  It was great seeing Stefano last night, and what's with the huge beard with Casey?  He looks like a mountain man. :bgrin
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
I was sad to see Elise go, I really liked her, I thought Phillip should go home I thought he was awful on Wednesday and so did Jimmy. Jimmy expected to see him in the bottom three and he wasn't. The young girls are sure voting for him.

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:47 AM »
I think America definitely got it wrong this week.
Philip was worse then ever. I don't like Joshua or Jessica and don't think either is as good as the judges say they are but they can usually stay on pitch where as Philip didn't when he "tried" to sing a melody. He can only sing about 5 notes so when he "tried" to sing higher, he was flat and just plain horrible.
Why in the world the judges said they liked his performance is beyond me. At least Jimmie knew he stunk.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
I think Philip should've gone home before Elise did, I don't like him at all and those faces he makes when he sings get on my nerves. I was sorry to see Skylar go as I was starting to like her and she performed her little butt off in the last couple of weeks. Back to Philip, he ruined 2 of my most loved songs of the sixties, first The Letter and then the other song which right now escapes my mind, the title that is. What are these judges drinking? I don't think Joshua is that great either. JLO stated the best voice she's heard in 50 years, she hasn't even lived 50 years. He does not compare to Sam Cook or Marvin Gaye so I don't know what the heck she was talking about. UGH!

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 01:12:09 PM »
Maria, I think they're all taking some kind of drug before the show starts so they can sit through some of the terrible singing.  :wink1

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
I think I'm done with this show. I really don't have any desire to watch next week now that Hollie's gone.
I guess I'll have to vote for Philip even though I don't think he has a good voice but his voice is much easier on my ears then Joshua's or Jessica's.
I just don't understand why the judges rave about them when all they do is scream or "growl."
They're both going to ruin their vocal cords.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
I won't vote for any of the three, I prefer Joshua to Philip but I did enjoy Philip the most last night when he sang that song "Volcano" with that backup singer. I think that was the best he did. Although I enjoyed Joshua's "It is a man's world" which I have by James Brown, I didn't think it was the greatest moment on American Idol. I liked Hollie the best and was sorry to see her leave. I think though that she will get far, she has a wonderful voice and I'll miss her. Jessica is just too darn grown for her age and when I think of what I was wearing when I was 16, I shiver when I see what she wears, my dad would've killed me if I wore stuff like that. UGH!  :cry1 :cry1  This are my tears for Hollie.

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »
I thought Philip did an excellent job with Volcano. I never heard the song before but really enjoyed it. I was surprised at myself when I thought that I actually liked him the other night. If he can sing like he did this week, there just may be hope for him.
And as I said, I can tolerate his voice more so then Joshua's or Jessica's. Aside from all the screaming Joshua does, he also sound so nasally. There's just nothing pleasant about the tone that comes out of his mouth.
Sorry, but he does nothing for me.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
I had never heard the song Volcano either Sheryl but it is a beautiful song and Philip did a great job with it. Lets see how he does this week.

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
I didn't even want to watch this week since my favorite left but I'm so excited about Thursday night's show. Adam Lambert will be performing.
Now there's a kid with talent.

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
Well Johua is gone but I have to tell you, the only song I enjoyed last nite from Philip was the last one he sang. I liked Jessica's first 2 songs but that last one was horrible for her. I hope she wins tonight because I think she is much better then Philip.  :confused :confused

Maria
Maria

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
I'm actually rooting for Philip. I don't think either of them are very good but I just can't stand Jessica's vibrato. Plus she tries too hard to try and sound like famous singers and ends up either pitchy or sounding like she's screaming.
I didn't like any of her songs last night. She ruined The Prayer, in my opinion. That songs usually moves me but her singing it did nothing for me.
I didn't like the way she sang the Whitney Houston song. The low notes were too low for her and she screams the high notes. She's definitely no Whitney Houston and that last song was horrible.
Who in the world wrote it? That's one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I thought the whole show was rather boring. The only song I liked was Philip's last song. It had a catchy beat and had me keeping time to the music the whole time.
I was trying to find it on itunes last night but didn't see it. I forgot to check today. I want to download it. I could listen to that again.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »
Well I must admit, I'm happy with the results.
After listening to Jessica sing with Jennifer Hoilday, I was scratching my head and wondering just why people find all that screaming appealing.
OMGosh. I thought the two of them were horrible. Were they having a contest to see who could scream the loudest?
Maybe they both wanted to beat Fantasia and Joshua's record.
I didn't watch Idol the year Fantasia was on but I heard she won??????? I hope she was better back then.
I couldn't understand a word she and Joshua were screaming.

This was a pretty horrible finale, in my opinion. The only songs I liked were the ones Philip, Skylar, and Hollie sang with their idols.
Well I did like singing the phone book and it was fun seeing Steven Tyler but I didn' care for his first song.

I hope next year is better.
And I found Philip's song on itunes. I bought it and love it. It's the only song from this season that I downloaded.