Author Topic: The Voice  (Read 1086 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
The Voice
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »
Is anyone watching?
If so, what did you think about the results last night?
I liked all of America's choices and the judges except for the last girl. I think the other girl in that group had a better voice.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Voice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
I record it Sheryl, and I end up fast forwarding through most of it.  I have a couple of favorites, the good looking guy who could sing opera is pretty good, and I love the young kid named Tony who wore the school jacket, he could be in a remake of Grease with that look.  I just don't know all their names right now.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:19:11 PM »
I don't really know all their names either but that opera singer is probably my favorite.
I guess that's my kind of singing, lol.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
Well, I got it wrong Sheryl! :bgrin   Yes, the Opera fellow is my favorite, but last night two of my others made it through, Tony Luca, and James Mansonne(that is the fellow who wore the jacket and I thought his name was Tony)  I guess I'll pay more attention now that it will come down to the favorites soon.  Luca was a Mouskeeteer with Christina.  I thought she was pretty hard on everyone on Monday night.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
Last night I was a team Blake fan.  Glad Rayana and Jermaine (did I spell it wrong?) got through.  But.. when Chris Mann sang, wow, that guy is incredible, I usually am not a classical fan, but he blew me away last night.
Rose

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »
I didn't agree with who Christina sent home the other night but I was so glad Chris Mann made it  through.
I think Christina made the right choice with which girl she kept last night. I'm not too crazy about either of them but the one she kept seems like she stays in key better.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
I record the show and this morning I just got through watching last nights performances.  I was sad to see James Mansonne go home.  I am disappointed in CeeLo.  Maybe because I love Billy Joel and I thought James did a fine job with the song.  Isn't that what CeeLo wanted?  Pip surprised me.  He's good, but this kid belongs on Broadway.  Just my opinion.  Tony Lucca took a chance singing Britney Spears.  All in all I had mixed feeling about all the performances. 
Rose

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
I don't think I was too impressed with some of the singers last week. I figured Pip would go home along with that young boy with dark hair. I forget his name.
My favorite is still Chris Mann and Juilet Simms is my second favorite.
I really don't see what anyone sees in Jamar Rogers. His voice is irritating.
For the first time this whole season, I actually didn't mind Tony Luca. I think he stayed in key for the entire song. That's an improvement.
I think Jermain Paul has a nice voice but I didn't care for his performance last night or Erin's. She has a beautiful voice but no range and sounded flat last night but maybe that was her own interpretation of the song.
It did nothing for me.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »
I think America basically got it right but Adam got it wrong. I don't think Tony Luca is better then Katrina and if Adam had done the 50 50 like some of the judges, she would have stayed. Oh well. She wasn't my favorite so she was going to have to go, lol.
I'm so glad Chris Mann and Juilet Simms got through. I hope one of them wins.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Can't say I'm thrilled with the outcome of the Voice. My least favorite out of the four remaining contestants won. I thought Chris Mann blew it out of the park Monday night and Juilet Simms was terrific and the more I hear Jermaine sing, the more I don't like him. He doesn't always place the sound in the right place so it sounds harsh.
He did sound good when he sang back up to Darryel Hall and John Oats.  :wink1

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
Sheryl, my two favorites were in the top.  I thought for sure that Chris Mann would have won, he should not have been fourth place.  I did like Jermaine Paul, I saw him on Jay Leno the next night and he was good.  Oh well, another reality show gone for the season.  What's next??? :bgrin
Rose