Author Topic: If things aren't right here.....  (Read 1228 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
If things aren't right here.....
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
please let me know.
I'm having a problem with some features I added to this site and had to delete them until I can get things straightened out.
In doing so, it looks as if anyone who uploaded an avatar from their computer, lost those avatars.
They're actually still on the site but for some reason they no longer show up.

I am trying to find out if there's a way to get them to show again. In the meantime, if you have access to an on line photo storing site, it would be best if you saved your avatar there and then copied the url to your profile area. This way you can be sure you won't lose the avatar.
You'll have more control over it.

If there's anything else that doesn't seem right, please let me know.
I'm trying to get things cleaned up because I'm hoping to upgrade this site to smf's newest software. It has some really nice features that might make things even easier for you.
One of the features is not having to place BBC codes around your text if you want to customize your message.
You can also insert an image from photobucket and it will show in your message without having to preview it first.
The task bar will work more like the task bar at MSN.

I can't upgrade until I fix some internal errors so if things seem a little shaky, it's me trying to fix some errors.
Sheryl

asheryl

Re: If things aren't right here.....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:44 PM »
For the time being, I've uploaded all your avatars to a folder on photobucket where I keep the daily screen caps.
Here's a link to the folder:
http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj321/sherylsdays/avatars/

If you go there and find your picture, highlight the line next to "Direct Link" and copy and paste it in the url area on your profile.
If you're having any problems doing this, let me know which picture you need transfered and I'll do it for you.
This is the best I can do until I can find out why we lost that option again.
And if there's a picture there that shouldn't be there any more, let me know and I'll delete it.
Sheryl (using my member's account)