Author Topic: The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham  (Read 2175 times)

FeistyRedhead

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:03 PM »
Well, well, well. All this time we thought John Locke committed suicide. As it turns out Ben killed him. I guess the question is why does Ben want everyone back on the island? Widmore said there is a war coming. Would that be the war between Ben and Widmore or a different war?

Dizzydeni

Re: The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »
All along I was torn between who was worse, Ben of Charles.  I think we got our answer last night.  Ben is E V I L.  He needed Elioses name before he could kill Ben.  I thought for sure he was going to save John, not kill him.  The war may be the others taking care of Ben, before he gasses them all.  I love the fact that Locke is "alive" on the island, as Jacks father is, and others who died somewhere else other than the island.

This show rocked.  I am so freaking addicted, its pathetic.  I cannot wait until next week when Sawyer sees Kate..... :help
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:52:23 AM »
I was confused when Ben saved Locke. I knew it was too good to be true. He hates Locke because he l=took his own power away from him. He was the leader until Locke came to the island. He needed him gone. The second Locke told him the name of the person who could help get them back to the island I knew Ben would kill him.  I hope Ben and Charles kill each other off and everyone else can go about their merry way. Hard to side with either side, one is more evil than the other
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

hyattsfolly

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, OMGosh... I better go watch it now!
😜 Melinda 😜

Dizzydeni

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
Bu, the more I think about it, the more I believe that Ben had to kill John.  John, like Michael and Jack, could not commit suicide.  Someone had to kill him, but I thought they were going to make it look like he as dead, not really kill him.  It was the way he did it that bothered me.  The look on Bens face was horrible.  What a terrific actor this man is.

Now, where did Lopedis go with the girl (Sun?) in the boat?  Why are the 6 in the past and everyone else in the present or future time?  If Sun is with Lopedis, why is she in present or future time?

In the comming attractions, the girl in the hood is not Kate.  She must be someone new.  I believe at the end Sawyer will see Kate, with Jack and Hurley, or at least that is how it appeared to me.  I cannot wait for that reunion.

I LOVE THIS SHOW. :cool1 :awesome :cool1 :awesome :victory 
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
I mised half the show because I was watching AI too so I have to go back and watch it on the internet before I comment. I didn't see Sun and the chopper guy in a boat nor did I see Sawyer with anyone. I must have missed all that.

I did however see the Ben killing Locke part and boy did that make me mad. That man is pure evil and I would not be surprised if it turns out that Charles Widmore is the good guy. Penny sure is good and Widmore raised her after all. But then why would Penny and Desmond be hiding from him....or are they actually hiding from Ben? That could explain why they named their son Charlie.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
In one post I wondered if Ben was a good guy or a bad guy, well, after last night's episode he is most definitely EVIL to the core.  What I want to know is how come John is once again alive on the island.  He is in the past or the future?  Thsi show is driving me  :confused nuts, but I love it.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 03:53:10 PM »
Kris:  John is in the future.  He is "alive" but why is another story.  Remember, Christian Shepard is "Alive" on the island too.  I didnt see Sun in the episode at all but I was wondering if she was the one that went on the boat with Lopedis, and was told to John.  In the preview, you see Sawyer looking at somethingin the distance, and he takes off his glasses and stares.  He says something about loving someone for three years.....

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
Frank and Sun took the boat because the plane didn't crash on our island.  The plane crashed on the small island that the Hydra station is on. (Remember the Hydra station is where Jack, Sawyer & Kate were held captive in season 3)  When you see Locke looking off into the distance he's looking at our island (the big island). Frank, Sun, Kate, Hurley, Jack and Ben are accounted for, but where is Sayid?

Richard to Locke he would die and he did. Richard did not tell Locke to kill himself. Christian Shepard said Locke was a sacrifice. I think Ben had to kill Locke so Locke could be resurrected once he returned to the island. I still think Ben and John are half-brothers. Ben's mother's name is Emily as is John's mother's name. We "met" Adam and Eve in the cave in season 1. Are Ben and John the island's Cane and Abel?

hyattsfolly

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
I watched it awhile ago.  It still is amazing me all the new plot twists and turns.

😜 Melinda 😜

Dizzydeni

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 06:30:08 AM »
You could be very right Feisty.  I thought they were in another timezone.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Ok there are alot of biblical overtones to this show now. Too weird for me.  Why did John have to die? He was on the plane to begin with and he left the island, so shouldn't he have been alive and well on that plane? Why did he have to take the place of Jack's dead father/ Jack's father's body did NOT leave the island.  Too many questions.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
John had to die because he had to die.  Why ask questions we cannot get an answer for?

You know bu, its the way the show goes....

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »
Maybe one of the escapees had to be sacrificed to open the doorway to the island? Kinda like a supernatural key. Which is also kinda biblical. John died so that the others may live....on the island.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »
Well, they keep talking about religious overtones.  Who knows.