Author Topic: Avatars, attachments, & images  (Read 2378 times)

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »
I made a few changes here. One of them is you may no longer upload an image from your computer to use as an avatar.
You can still add an image to your profile, but you'll have to either add it from an online photo storing site or use a photo upload editor that stores your image indefinitely on the internet.

OK, so how do you do this?
First, if you have an image stored on photobucket or a different on line photo storage site, copy and paste the url that will start with "http" into the line that says "I have my own picture."
Then click " change profile."

If you want to use PostImage.org to upload your image, click the link to PostImage in the left navigation panel, upload your image using their upload tool, and then copy the bottom link that says "Direct link to image" into the same line as above, making sure to click change profile when you're done.

If you can't figure any of this out, you can post a message asking me for some help and uploading your image from your computer into a message.

If you have any questions about this, just ask.
Sheryl

hyattsfolly

Re: Avatars, attachments, & images
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »
Thanks Sheryl :tu
😜 Melinda 😜

asheryl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
If anyone tried to upload an avatar from an online photo storing site and it didn't work after I made a change the other day, try again.
I think it's working right now.
As you can see, I've been able to upload an avatar using my member account.
I'm also going to check and be sure you can still upload an attachment in a thread so you may see an image here, and then again you may not because I'm going to delete it if it works.

I'll let you know though. :bgrin
It worked but the picture showed up in the wrong place.
I guess I better figure out why.

Sheryl

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:59:39 AM by asheryl »

hyattsfolly

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »
 :confused
😜 Melinda 😜

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
Sorry if I confused you Melinda. I was kind of just talking to myself, lol.
And I straightened out the alignment of attachments.
Sheryl

hyattsfolly

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:16:11 PM »
Oh, ok... Thanks :victory
😜 Melinda 😜

everybodysmile

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 06:17:22 AM »
We use to be able to add an image to messages and now that option has disappeared.   Wait a minute I see additional Options.  Well let's see if "attach" works. 

nitgrit

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:46:46 AM »
test

nitgrit

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:38 AM »
test

Something else I crocheted almost forty years ago - using two strands of Aunt Lydia's rug yarn -  good thing I was in my twenties and had strong hands/wrists then - LOL.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:57:25 PM »
Although you can add images from your computer using the attach option, I'd rather you didn't since those images get stored in my storage space and I only have X amount of storage space.
I am trying to repair a few things that are wrong with the site and once it gets fixed, you'll be able to post images using the add image to post option that will appear beneath the smileys.
Those images get stored on an outside source that has nothing to do with my site.
I pay a monthly fee for this site and right now have a lot of storage space, but if everyone posts images and does it every day or several times a day, it will eat up my storage space which in turn will slow things down tremendously.
I can opt to buy more storage space but since there's so many free photo storing sites, I don't think I should have to do that.

When I get the link working again for postimage.org, I'll let you know then you can upload to your hearts content, lol, as long as you use that link.
Sheryl

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »
You can once again add images to a message using the link to "add image to post" located under the smileys.

Using this method doesn't take away from my storage space or effect the use of this site.
Sheryl

hyattsfolly

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
 :cool1
😜 Melinda 😜

KristianFan4Evr

• Bo/Hope/Ciara Screencaps
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:56:54 PM »
Why are avatars so small? :cry1

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
I think the avatars are just right. I wouldn't want them any bigger, then they get too distracting and take longer to load when you don't have cable internet. Besides, the smaller avatars are more inconspicuous at work...lol.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.