Author Topic: Please introduce yourself  (Read 12100 times)

scfreed

Re: Please introduce yourself
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »
Hi everyone,
I live in NY and have been watching Days a very long time... almost since the beginning.  I am retired now, with two children and two grandchildren.

Thanks to Sheryl for all the work you put in, moving this group to a new site.
I enjoy being a member of this group.
-Sheila

nanny7

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 11:51:52 AM »
I have watched Days since Roman and Marlena were the hot couple.  I was not very active on the other board but I would read.

Even with the ups and downs of Days I still watch (FF watch) but still watch.

sunshine611

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
Hi everybody, I'm sunshine.  I was in the MSN group mostly as a lurker.  I live in Warren, MI, am single, with no children (thankfully).  I work in the automotive industry, which means that I could lose my job at any second. I'm in my final semester of college and in May I'll have my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.   

P.S. - If banners aren't allowed, please let me know and I'll remove it.  :)

daysno.1fansince1982

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
 8)

chelsea, manhattan, nyc here..

:P..

KristianFan4Evr

• Bo/Hope/Ciara Screencaps
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
Hi everybody!

My name is Dil, I was a member of the DOOL 2 MSN group for a quite a while though I rarely posted (my screenname was BradyLuvsFancyFace) and I've been a DOOL viewer off and on since mid 1996. Currently, I only watch for my favorite Daytime actress - Kristian Alfonso, my favorite character - Hope Williams Brady, my favorite duo - Bo & Hope and their adorable daughter - Ciara Alice Brady!!! ;D

HUGE THANKS to Sheryl for this wonderful group and website! :-* ;D

Take care everyone and I look forward to getting to know all of you again with this new format (LOL)! :)

KimeKanga

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »

It's Kime from Michigan just following like a normal Dayers does.  ;D

Chell

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Hi, my name is Michelle but I go by Chell.  I turned 39 a week ago on New Year's Eve.  I can't believe that I will be 40 in less a year.  Anyways, I have five children- three boys and two girl and two stepsons.  My youngest two, Guy (6) and Roselyn (5), have learning disabilities therefore I volunteer in my sons kindergarten class this year and will in my daughters kindergarten class next year.  My third baby is my daughter, Nicole, she is in second grade and the light of my life.  I picked her name out when I was in the fourth grade.  I always knew if I had a little girl she would be "Nicole."  My oldest two sons, William (18) and Steven (14) live in Indiana with their father.  My stepsons, Jonathan (14) and Regienald (13) live in California with their mother.  I guess I should mention that I am now living in Central Virginia but was born and raised in Indiana.  We moved to Central Virginia almost two years ago. 

I was a member of Days of Our Lives 2 at MSN.  I have been watching DOOL for as long as I can remember.  My earliest memory was lying on the floor at the sitters watching DOOL when I was suppose to be taking a nap after kindergarten.  I can remember Doug and Julie sitting on a couch (green if I am not mistaken) in a sunken living room talking around the time of Addie's death and Hope came running in.

I look forward to getting to know you all better through this format.   

Added on Monday, Jan. 12, 2009:
I never mentioned it but I was mostly a lurker at the MSN site.  Actually I only received the post on Sunday mornings and can't even remember how to log into my MSN account.  That is why I am glad Sheryl found us this site so I can me more active. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:53:10 PM by Chell »
CHELL

ladybug

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
Hi, Sheryl and everyone. I am still Ladybug from MSN and I have been watching Dool since 1970's. I am 60....soon to be 34 and I am a substitute teacher. Married with no children and live on a 40 acre farm in Mo.

Sheryl, does this mean I can cancel the smf Sheryl's page now?....and the MSN site? I am trying to cut down on all the sites I rarely go to. Should I wait til MSN shuts down?
Thanks..........Marilyn
Ladybug

justDonna

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Hi I'm Donna, married mother of 4 and 1 granddaughter. I've been watching Days for 25+ years.  I didn't post much on the msn2 board but I read everyday and love the spoilers.  I'm glad to be a part of this group too.
Donna

gar2244

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
Jan.,8th 2oo9..3:53pm
  Hello- names Gar from lower Mi.,..my mom got me hooked on Days way back in the 70's...my favorit on the show has to be  - Stefano...I just love the things this man dreams up...over the years iv seen him do some of the most off the wall things ever...about me-well im a dad of one..married(not for long)..3rd shift factory worker..(automotive)..on my nights off i love listening to a talk radio show called -
'Coast to Coast Am'..from 1am - 5am.it's a great show for me since iv been around the paranormal all my life....besides my Days im a big time Star Trek nut....yes im one of those poor souls that dresses up an goes to conventions.
(to bad thay stoped having them here in Mi.,) ...so if you would like to talk about -
the paranormal / Star Trek or Days of our Lives - then im your friendly neighborhood
kittycat to see.... till then - 'Live long and prosper'.

new mama

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 02:08:28 AM »
Hi!!  My name is Brinna and I became a member of Days2 a few years ago but have mostly lurked.  I first started watching Days back in the early 80's with my mom and was a loyal fan during most of that time.  I recently gave birth to a beautiful daughter and haven't had the time to watch but keep up with what's going on with posts.  When my life gets more settled and I have more time, I hope to watch again. 

Sheryl, the new site looks great and thank you for all of your hard work!! 

~ Brinna

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
I am Barbara but go by Bubu on the boards. I have watched Days since 1982 when Tony and Renee's storyline grabbed my attention. I have been a huge fan since then except for the last few years. when it started going downhill for me. I almost quit watching  when the  Serial killer storyline wher everyone in Salem was killed and then brought back to life, UGH!! Then when Hogan took over the storylines started to improve, they started respecting the characters history and the story actually moved. I was back loving Days again, then they fired him and brought in that person who wrote during the strike and I am losing interest again.   I guess I have a love/hate relationship with the show but I have trouble just letting it go,lol.  My favorite characters are Bo and Hope, Tony and ANna (if they are ever on). I loved Kayla and Steve from back in the day but not so much now as they don't use them to their fullest.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

imamommy

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23:27 AM »
Hi, I was cortneysmommie on MSN and imamommy here because since joining Days2 I had another daughter who is about to turn 3 so now I have to be imamommy so I don't exclude her!  I live is the Greater New Orleans area with two daughters and the best husband of 10 years!  I've been watching days since the early 80's then quit watching for part of the 90's and then came back and have been ffwd'ing quite a bit lately.  I'm a LUMI fan but I know the writers are not so my hopes are out the window.  I read more on Days2 than I posted but I did post there a bit.  Thanks for keeping up a great MSN site and finding a new site Sheryl b/c I've come to rely on the spoilers page when I need to know what is going to happen and the general board for when I just need to vent (which seems to be a lot lately with the show). 

Inspector4Now

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Scherry although I sometimes go by the name Inspector4Now because of my job.  I'm a DOOL addict.  That's the only soap I watch though.  I'm a transferree from the MSN group and I live in Florida.  I'm a grandma and although I am still working, I work from home most of the time, which allows me to watch the show everyday.  When I can't, I hit that "record" button!

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »
Hi - my real name is Glee - I was named after my Scottish grandmother, and I guess the name is common in Scotland. It is Gaelic for "Singing with Joy", which is why you have Glee Clubs.

It's a good name for me, as I am a music therapist in nursing homes. I'm do whatever performing I can get to earn my living - did mostly nightclubs when I was younger, just me and my guitar. I also work with Country Western bands, and Big Bands, and Jazz groups. I am a storyteller, too, doing my own original stories based on folklore and ghost stories. I also perform at Renaissance Faires, in costume as a gypsy. (I'm the music director at my favorite Faire.) 

But what I REALLY want to be when I grow up (I should, one of these days, I suppose - I am turning 60 next month) is a writer. I have a bunch of childrens books I wrote and illustrated, and two young adult novels, that I am trying to get published. My 13 grandkids are getting very impatient for their bragging rights LOL - they are in the dedications.

Hey Gar - I'm a Trekker too. Never been to a convention, but they sound like fun - I'm SO looking forward to the new movie in May!

I got hooked on Days by accident. I was working at a radio station doing the news. Our equipment was pretty lame - we depended on a TV set left on in the news room with the sound off to catch any bulletins LOL. WELL, one day this pretty lady started levitating off a bed, and this good looking priest was hanging around, and a sinister looking couple were skulking around in hidden corridors listening to people, and a Christmas tree went up in flames - and I just could NOT keep from getting distracted. So, I started taping it at home so I could ignore it at work, and in no time at all, I was addicted.

When I got my first computer, I found a Days of Our Lives fan site, and joined the fun. But, there was more drama on the board than on the show, LOL, so when member started a new site, promising a place where friends could play nicely, I jumped right on board. That was Sheryl, of course, and we first group of members at Days Of Our Lives 2 became good friends. Sheryl has allowed us to help her, and I am so glad to still be here, at her new site. You ROCK Girl - thanks for all your hard work! Glee