Author Topic: Please introduce yourself  (Read 12146 times)

eln2

Re: Please introduce yourself
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »
I'm ELN2...Been watching since the first show. ***duh***

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
Glad to see all of you.
Brinna, congratulations on your new baby. I hope you'll find some time to talk about the show with us.
Sheryl

jenniferdevereaux

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »
Hi... I'm Jennifer from IL. I was on the MSN board back in 2004-2006 and can't remember my old id there :) I was active there back during that summer where everyone was hanging on the cliff and Hope wore that same shirt for weeks lol. I have a wonderful 12 yo daughter from first marriage and my fiance is a govt contractor in Iraq. I love Jack & Stefano and have been watching since 1993.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 09:30:26 PM »
Hi Jennifer. It's great to see you again.
Sheryl

callie03

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:22 PM »
My real name is Meghan but I use callie03 as my ID.  Callie is my cats name (and the picture on my profile  ;D) and 03 is when I graduated from college.  I joined the MSN group due to boredom in college.  I didn't have a roommate for three of my four years so the Days2 board was my escape.  I used to post regularly but once my nursing clinicals started I couldn't watch Days or post much anymore.  I have always been a lurker/reader but haven't posted in a REALLY long time.  I just bought my first house and I'm not used to having so much alone/free time so I thought I would try to get involved again.  I am born and rasied in Ohio.  My mom got me interested in Days when I was little and I am occasional watcher these days.  I generally only watch if I go back "home" and watch with her.  The first Days story I remember is when Vivian buried Carly alive and she was rolling around on top of her grave.  :)  I guess that's really all about me.
Meghan

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
Hi Meghan. I'm glad you joined us and good luck with your hew home.
How exciting.
Sheryl

jordambra

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »
 8)

Hi my name is Jen and I am a 3rd generation Days fan also. I can remember watching with my Grandma when I was very little. My mom watched too back in the days when we were allowed to be stay at home moms. Sometimes when I get confused on a story line she will break it down for me to fill me in on how this one is related to that one, etc.

I am not big on active participation in these types of groups. I mostly just like to read the posts and catch up on the show and what is going on in all of your lives. Sometimes, the Days of OUR lives are as interesting as any show. LOL!

Just thought I would introduce myself!

Thanks!

arglass

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »
I am Angie.  I've been watching for DOOL 25 some odd years.  I live in North Dakota.  I am married to DH for 15 1/2 years and we have two kids -- DS -- 7th grader; DD -- 5th grader -- and a cat, Ginger.
Angie

Glee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 02:33:04 PM »
I am really pleased to see so many self-described "lurkers" introducing themselves here! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope this new site makes you feel so comfortable you'll keep commenting,  whenever something piques your interest. I love reading your stories - we have such an INTERESTING group of members here!  I can't wait to read more - Glee

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
I ditto what Glee said.
I certainly understand if someone prefers to lurk but just remember, we welcome all opinions.
Don't be afraid to speak up if your opinion is different from someone elses cause you might be surprised to find out there's a lot of people who agree with you.
We are quite a diverse group and have many opinions.

Oh and  **w** to our group.
Sheryl

PuRpLeRoSe

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:53 PM »
My screenname is PuRpLeRoSe, named after my favorite color and flower.  My birth certificate reads ANDREA JO.  You can call me Andrea or Andie--I'll answer to either.

I stopped watching DAYS after Jason Cook (the original Shawn-Douglas Brady) left the show in 2006.  However, I did not stop reading people's posts on the MSN board, and that's how I knew to come here!  I was a huge fan of Shelle back in the day, but since I haven't watched the show in so long, I don't know who to root for or anything! LOL

Recently, I became HUGELY attracted to Brandon Buddy, the guy who plays Cole Thornhart on One Life to Live.  My mom and I used to watch it together when I was younger, and we are now getting back into it again.  I introduced her to Cole today while we were watching it, and she said, "WOW!! He is cute!!" 

A little more about me...

I live in the great state of Nebraska, and I am actually from the same hometown as Johnny Carson and our state treasurer and receipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross in 2001: Shane Osborn.  (You can look up Shane in another website to see what he is known for in case you have forgotten!)  I am a huge Huskers fan, in all sports, but especially volleyball and football.  (We are sooooooo glad to have Bo Pelini back!!!)

I graduated in May 2008 with my Master's Degree in Community Counseling, which means I am a therapist, but I don't have my license yet because I am not employed by anyone.  I am currently working as a beauty advisor at Walgreens, just like I have been for the last (almost) 5 years of my life. 

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE (did I say LOVE?) NASCAR!!  My favorite driver is #17, Matt Kenseth.  I will try my hardest to be patient and understanding of others who don't cheer for the same guy as me, but on race day, and after a few drinks in me, I can't be held accountable for my words or actions!!  (LOL j/k)

If anyone wants to know anything more about me, like for example my name on Facebook, I will be happy to reply to any emails that come my way.  Please be patient for a reply...I have been working 30+ hours these last couple of weeks at work, and that takes priority over my email account!!

It's nice to meet everyone, especially the new ones that recently joined!  I'm glad I am back on here!  *HUGS FOR EVERYONE!* I'm sorry I haven't posted in a very long time, but school and work obviously come first!!  But, all work and no play makes Andie cranky!! LOL

Sheryl, the board looks great!!  Keep up the good work Sheryl and Staff!! 

I'll be peeking around from time to time, especially checking out the OLTL spoilers since I don't have cable in my apartment yet!!

Love, Andie
~Andie~

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »
It's good to see you Andie again. And I'm glad you like the site.
Sheryl

papillion

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
I'm Diana, I live near Seattle in Washington State.  I've been pretty much watching Days since it started.  Of course then I had to go to work and there weren't any VCR's so I missed a few years.  No one back then to talk to about it.  :-( 

I was with Days 2, but mostly I just did a lot of lurking.  Now I TIVO the show and even though I don't work outside the home, I do watch three grandkids during the week.  I usually watch all of the episodes on the weekend...

Anyway...I'm glad to be here.  I just need to learn my way around.  :-)

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
Wow....I love all the intros! I am with Sheryl and Glee, it is great to read what each and every one of you  has to say so don't be shy with sharing your insights, likes and dislikes with us!

Welcome to all, newbies, regulars and lurkers alike!
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

snady

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
Hi everyone,
My name is Sandy and I have watched Days for as long as I can remember.  I have special memories of watching Days after getting home from school with my mom.  My screen name of taffy checkers comes from the two dogs I had.  I live in the cold state of Massachusetts where it is around 20 degrees right now and going down fast.  I have a wonderful son and daughter-in-law that live about an hour from me and can't wait to become a grandma!  I work with at my husband's CPA firm as a bookkeeper and no it's not hard working for my husband (except when we have a disagreement in our "personal" life).  I too want to thank Sheryl for all her hard work.  I wish I was as computer literate as she is!