Author Topic: 2016 finale  (Read 829 times)

Judy

2016 finale
« on: April 08, 2016, 03:24:16 PM »
Wow, thought the show was SO good and loved seeing people from the past. The show has given us a few amazing talents, and I bet eliminated would-be stars in error.
"I thought growing old would take longer."

nitgrit

Re: 2016 finale
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
LOL I have no idea what you are talking about...what finale, what show ????

hyattsfolly

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
American Idol maybe?
😜 Melinda 😜

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 08:30:37 PM »
Judy when Dalton was eliminated in the second of the three shows I vowed not to watch the finale.  In fact I didn't even turn it on but one of my girlfriend's called to say it was fabulous, I watched it twice on Demand!  Loved, loved it!  Was great seeing all the familiar faces!  But I missed Adam Lambert and David Archuleta, there was also a girl I think her name was Milkayla who was great too but all three were not there.   I enjoyed seeing some of my favorites!  I started to wind down the last two seasons and would only catch it off and on, but I am so glad I did see the finale.  Constantine is doing a furniture commercial with a actress (her name escapes me) that is hilarious. Some of the former contestants have won Grammy's, even an Oscar!  I saw Clay Aiken three times, Taylor Hicks twice.  Sad it is now over.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Judy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »
Rose, do you watch The Voice? I think there is much better talent there, but I don't think there is an age limit on The Voice. We got tired of AI a couple years ago and sat out one season, but went back to it.
Dalton was my favorite at first, but did think Trent did a better job at the end. La Porsha was ok, mostly just loud. Wasn't Adam on the finale? Sheesh, my memory is going. Loved him, James Durbin, Caleb Johnson.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »
I saw Adam, but it was old re-runs.  I started to watch the Voice when it first came on, but got tired of Adam and Blake going at it all the time and with all the controversy between Blake and Stefani I only catch it once and a while.  But I agree with you the talent is much better on the Voice then Idol, although the latter sure put out some great singers.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
I started watching Idol in season 5 and have watched every year since. I too loved seeing some old familiar faces and enjoyed the show but I thought it was a bit unfair to this year's contestants. In years past, contestant who were already voted off got to perform and some of the more reason eliminations got to sing with a super star. Maybe they should have just done a special with people from all 15 years.
Dalton was my favorite. I also like Trent but I really liked Tristan and Sonika. They got eliminated too early. In my opinion, La'Porsha never should have made it to Hollywood. I never liked her voice. She has no range and sings way too many runs. Harry use to love to tell contestants they shouldn't sing too many runs. He also liked to remind different contestants that they should try and sing in key. La'Porsha's runs were pitchy at times but he never said anything. In fact, all the judges just talked about how great she was until the last week. I was shocked to hear Jennifer say something about the fact that she doesn't have much range.
In any event, I'm sorry it's over but I'm happy with Trent winning.
Oh, and I've been watching the Voice. I watch it from a recording so I usually fast forward through a lot of the talking. I do though enjoy the bickering between Blake and Adam. I think they're funny.

Judy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:42 AM »
Rose, even though I think the talent on The Voice is much better, AI definitely has more well known stars. And Sheryl, the night La Porsha won, a reporter asked her if she was "angry" that Trent won!!! I guess some people assumed it was a foregone conclusion that she would win. I've purposely stayed away from any articles on the outcome.
There were so many great singers in the last 15 years, they could have a weekly show just showing all the past performers sing and tell what they're doing. I'd watch it. Interesting how Ryan ended with "for now".

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 03:40:24 PM »
I'm wondering if that last comment means Idol will be back again.