Author Topic: DWTS HEADLINES  (Read 2213 times)

keenpatty

DWTS HEADLINES
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »
Newbies impress on ‘Dancing’ premiere
No “Dancing With The Stars” season has ever started with a celebrity saying anything as utterly fantastic as “I am dedicating my first dance to my girls at the Federal Detention Center.”
That was rapper Lil’ Kim, introducing the cha-cha she and Derek Hough performed. Her incarcerated peeps had reason to smile: Lil’ Kim opened the show with a decent if unspectacular dance. It wasn’t the breakout performance that marks a frontrunner, but it was solid, and as all the judges noted in giving her straight 7s, it showed promise.
MSNBC
Melissa Rycroft on ‘Dancing With the Stars’: ‘It’ll show everybody I’m okay’
Wearing a sequined turquoise dress and dancing to a song that only days earlier was meant for Nancy O’Dell, Melissa Rycroft — a.k.a. The Bachelor’s most famous reject ever — closed out the premiere of Dancing With the Stars Monday with a waltz to “show everybody I’m good, that I’m okay.” Rycroft stepped in for O’Dell on the morning of March 7 after a knee injury forced the Access host to quit the competition. Rycroft, who was dumped on national TV March 2 by Jason Mesnick, had already returned to Texas to resume her career as an event planner when she got the call about DWTS on the morning of March 6.
Entertainment Weekly
‘Dancing With the Stars’ recap: Steppin’ Out
Welcome to season 8 of Dancing with the Stars, the Little Reality Show That Could…add a Playboy Bunny and a Bachelor Dumpee at the very last minute and somehow play out rather normally. The Girls Next Door’s Holly Madison and recent ABC darling Melissa Rycroft replaced former contestants Jewel and Nancy O’Dell, both of whom withdrew last week due to injuries. Apparently, Dancing With the Stars’ primary goal for season 8 is to support the flailing industry of general surgery. All Cheryl has to do is fling Gilles Marini and his troubled groin into a spin fast enough, and she’ll keep the dream alive! Don’t you dare do it, Cheryl. Here’s how the 13 couples — let’s call ‘em The Top 13, for Steve Wozniak’s sake — ranked after either the waltz or the cha cha cha….
Entertainement Weekly
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:51:20 AM by keenpatty »
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: DWTS HEADLINES
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »
So was Lil Kim actually in jail? And if so, what for?
Sheryl

dravbobel3

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:37 AM »
I believe it was assault.
I'll double check though.

dravbobel3

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
I was wrong the first post. She was sent to prison for 1 year and 1 day for conspiracy and perjury, lying on the stand at the trial of a friend concerning the friends involvment in a shooting in 2001.

dravbobel3

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »
She ended up writing over 200 songs while in prison.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:57:09 AM »
"Melissa Rycroft on ‘Dancing With the Stars’: ‘It’ll show everybody I’m ok."

Who cares?
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:23 AM »
"Melissa Rycroft on ‘Dancing With the Stars’: ‘It’ll show everybody I’m ok."

Who cares?

LOL....certaintly not me!
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
On z100, they were talking about Denise Richards, who is not liked by anyone on the show.  She is all for herself, and is getting on everyones nerves....

I guess she got on Charlies nerves too :too funny
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »
Denise Richards doesn't do anything for me.
Sheryl

keenpatty

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »
Sort of a spoiler, so don't read on if you don't want to know who will guest on the show and what dances they will be doing....

Cloris Leachman returns this week to Dancing with the Stars results show

ABC-TV has announced that its results show on Tuesday, March 24, will include a return performance by actress Cloris Leachman and her partner from Season 7, Corky Ballas.

Also performing on Tuesday will be 1980s duo Daryl Hall & John Oates and Grammy winner Adele, along with the live "dance off" between the two couples with the lowest vote totals.

Viewers will watch the couples perform the samba and the fox trot on Monday night's performance show.

Performing to Hall & Oates famous single, "Maneater," will be pros Karina Smirnoff, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani and Dmitry Chaplin.

British singer-songwriter Adele will perform “Chasing Pavements,” from her first album, “19.” She took home two Grammys, including “Best New Artist,” at this year’s 51st Grammy Awards. Dancing to her music will be professional dancers Edyta Sliwinska and Alec Mazo.

Ballas and Ms. Leachman will give viewers  "a sneak peek at how to perform next week’s dances" — the argentine tango and the lindyhop.

Meanwhile, on Monday night's performance show, the dancers will perform the following dances:
David & Kym - Foxtrot

Shawn & Mark - Foxtrot

Lil' Kim & Derek - Samba

Holly & Dmitry - Samba

Gilles & Cheryl - Samba

Ty & Chelsie - Foxtrot

Steve-O & Lacey - Foxtrot

Denise & Maksim - Samba

Melissa & Tony - Foxtrot

Lawrence & Edyta - Samba

Chuck & Julianne - Foxtrot

Steve & Karina - Samba

From the Examiner.com
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:11:22 AM by keenpatty »

keenpatty

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
They Get Paid WHAT? Shocking Dancing With The Stars Salaries”

The celebs on “Dancing With the Stars,” for example, get $200,000 for the entire season, whether they’re booted or not, a bonus of $100,00 if they’re number one, a smaller bonus if they’re number two, an even smaller bonus if they’re number 3, a top TV agent told The Wrap.
http://tinyurl.com/ccadnx
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:17:09 AM by keenpatty »

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »
Boy I wish I could be a star and go on the show, lol.
That's a lot of money.
Sheryl

keenpatty

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
DWTS' Steve Wozniak to Walk Partner Karina Smirnoff Down the Aisle

Steve Wozniak really has something to dance about!

The Apple billionaire and co-founder has gotten so close to his Dancing With the Stars partner, Karina Smirnoff, that he got an invitation to her upcoming wedding to fellow dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

"She said I could walk her down the aisle, and it touched my heart," Wozniak told The Insider on Thursday.

"He's a little out of his element but has the biggest personality you'll ever meet," Smirnoff said about her dancing partner. "He's super funny and super charming."

The dancing couple have begun planning their wedding, which will take place before the year is up.

"We started talking about it and figuring out when and where we're going to have it," Smirnoff told Us last month. "But there's so many family members that have a say that we got to try to make sure that everyone will be happy. But we think it will be sometime before the end of this year. So, not so long."
http://tinyurl.com/cqw4kx

Dizzydeni

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
Shes nobodys fool.  I would have him walk me down the isle too.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
Got that right Denise, what is he a multi millionaire???
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.