Author Topic: 5.10 He's Our You  (Read 1599 times)

Dizzydeni

5.10 He's Our You
« on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:43 AM »
This episode is about Sayid Jarrah and Ben Linus.

"Things begin to unravel when one of the survivors goes rogue and takes matters into their own hands -- risking the lives of everyone on the island. Sayid and Ben are in Russia. Sayid enters a building and returns with something under his coat. Kate and Juliet are working in the DHARMA motor pool. Roger Linus is in this episode."
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
Re: 5.10 He's Our You
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:55:02 PM »
Sayid and Ben are in Russia? Hmmmmm....is that in the present past or the past past or the future past? Of course it could be in the future future too, or even the past future.....lol. I'm so confused!!  :confused
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »
I am pretty sure its past, far past and recent past!  I hope you understand what I just said :bgrin
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »
Ok, so Sayid shoots little Ben, and rightfully so, but will little Ben die and rise again from the dead like John, etc.?  Will Ben survive?  Will this change everything?  Oh, as we get closer to the end, the possibilities increase.

The Carlos Castenada book that little Ben gave Sayid is about alternate realities.....

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
Ok, so Sayid shoots little Ben, and rightfully so, but will little Ben die and rise again from the dead like John, etc.?  Will Ben survive?  Will this change everything?  Oh, as we get closer to the end, the possibilities increase.

The Carlos Castenada book that little Ben gave Sayid is about alternate realities.....

I didn't catch the book thing, thanks for that tidbit.

I have the same questions as you do about Sayid killing the Ben child. It looked like a heart shot so you would think that there were be a rip in the time continuim (lol...shades of Back to the Future for ya) and Whamo...everything would change kinda like the time jumps the ones left behind experienced....only worse!

Bizarre!! Mind Bending!! Oh goodness my head hurts after watching this show!
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

masonmama

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
I wonder if the gunshot could have anything to do with Ben's tumor on his spine?

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »
I thought this was the absolute weakest show all season. 100% predictable. We all knew Sayid was going to shoot young Ben. Not one single thing about the show surprised me. Actually one thing did. I kept wondering where Larry's brother's Daryl and Daryl were. They should have cast someone else as Oldham. I guess we now know what happened to Larry after Newhart went off the air.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »
LOL @ Larry and his double brothers! My hubby and I noticed him right away but couldn't remember his character name, just the brother Daryl and the other brother Daryl.

I must be dense because I didn't see Sayid killing little Ben. I thought he would infiltrate the Others/Hostiles. Either become one of them or stop Ben from taking them over and killing the Darmas. I never thought he would be cutthroat enough to kill a child. Especially since that child was still decent and full of potential. So instead of possilbly turning things around for the island he may just have made everything worse.

Another thing that surprised me was Sawyer having such a lame plan to help Sayid. Last week he told Jack he was a thinker and their only hope...lol....guess his ego is writing checks his brain can't cash. :wink1
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Dizzydeni

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
Hey Kris, don't pick on my Sawyer.  He is doing the best that he can.  What would you have suggested for him to do?  I love him, and his dimples, but how about Sayid in leather, and his hair straightened.  I wanted to jump into the tv with him.  He is HOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!

masonmama

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »
Yes, the scene with him and the "bounty hunter" in the hotel room was smokin' hot.  My 13 year old son hid his head under a blanket he was so embarassed!  But no one can touch Sawyer!  I feel bad for Juliette, she is so insecure.  I really hope (but I doubt it will happen) that she stays with Sawyer.  As far  as I am concerned, Kate blew her chances when she kept hopping back and forth between sawyer and jack.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »
Gee whiz, Diz....sorry I slammed your man. LOL.

I don't know what plan would have worked, I never claimed to be able to come up with one. But how about something close to the truth. They knew that a plane didn't crash on the island but how about he was on a boat that sank? He could say he was a giggalo (he was dressed for the part...lol) and being held captive by a jealous husband who had thrown him overboard but he was able to grab on to a log and float to the island. That would explain the handcuffs. He could have been wearing them when caught with the wife...lol!   :wink1
Kris (Snow~Belle)

Dizzydeni

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
 :laughing1   

Good thinking Kris.....You made me smile.

Bubu

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
HEY Dizzy! You can have Sawyer if you really must but keep away from Sayid :wink1 LOL

I don't like the fact that Sayid shot Ben as a child. That seemed too cold and cruel to me. If he survives think how that would affect him in the future. ow he has reason to be the evil creep he grew up to be.   I was not happy about that. I was absolutely shocked when that happened.
Why did Sawyer allow that whole scene with Oldham to happen?  It never should have gotten to that.  NOW I know where I knew Horace from, I couldn't figure it out.  LOL
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Dizzydeni

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
Sawyer did all he could to get Sayid to change his story.  Sayid would not budge.  Sawyer had no choice, other than to shoot Sayid himself and we know that would not happen.  It was wild that Sayid never got to tell them who Sawyer was because of that idiot, whose brains are all over the Swan station, Razinsky(sp).