Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 455 times)

Tricia

Where is everyone?
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
 :confused

MadIceGoddess

Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »
I'm on jury duty this week.

Judy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:51 AM »
I haven't watched today's epi yet. So many storylines going on it seems. Things are happening so fast I don't have time to comment. And a lot of the storylines I'm not really that interested in.
MadIce, I got called for jury duty once and when we were waiting to be called into a courtroom two women were yelling. They each wanted to watch a different soap. And I do remember that one was Days, lol.
"I thought growing old would take longer."

Judy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
Wow, REALLY where is everyone? 
"I thought growing old would take longer."

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
I've been a little busy, plus I didn't get to see all of two different shows since NBC had to interrupt them so it's hard to talk about something I didn't see. Plus, I'm sick of some of these stories and don't like the direction others are going which makes me very uninterested in the show.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »
Ever since my gallbladder surgery, complications, further tests and Dr. Appointments, then my kitty Angel has been sick and the back problems I have been having, I don't spend two much time on line.  Besides we had a power [/size]outage[/color][/size] on Friday and the TV died!  I have a small TV here in he bedroom so I will check the posts and catch Days when I can, unless I have the DVR put on this bedroom set for the time being.[/color]
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Vangelique140

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
I had total knee replacement (left knee) surgery on June 11.    I am out of work for 6 weeks.   Supposed to go back to work on the 24th, but I see the doctor on the 23rd and I really feel I will need 2 extra weeks.   Hopefully he will okay that for me.

I've been in awful pain and having a hard time getting around.   I live alone and I'm almost 58, plus extra weight & other issues making recovery slow.   Physical Therapy has been coming to my house to help me with exercises, and I start out-patient PT next week.   

Everyone (who's had a knee replacement) says I'll be so happy I had this surgery, but right now all I can say is it has been a horrible, painful experience.    The whole thing has been very frightening, and I've spent lots of time crying.

Can't really sit on the couch to watch TV.   Letting the episodes pile up on DVR until I can watch.    Just watched the show where Lani-lou lost the baby.    (this is only my 2nd time on the computer in 4 weeks!)

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »
Vange I feel so bad for you! :cry1   A friend had both knees done at the same time.  She was glad she did, just take one day at a time.  TV is working, all the fellow needed to do was unplug it from the back of the TV and plug it back in, hell if I had known that I could have saved  $39.95 :bgrin :cry1 :confused
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »

I am here right now, but as of Aug 15th I will have surgery on my brain to try to reduce or eliminate my seizures

Frank

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »

So sorry to hear about your knee problem Vange and the pain you're going through. I too have heard people say going through it was the best thing they could do so I hope the pain goes away soon and you're without pain.
Frank, I'll say a prayer for you that your surgery goes well and it eliminates your seizures.

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
Thank you so much Sheryl

Vangelique140

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
Thanks Sheryl & Princessrose.   another side effect of major surgery is insomnia.   I've had sleep issues before, but this has been 4 straight weeks and I'm in lack-of-sleep hell.  Got prescription sleep pills yesterday from the doctor and they didn't work.    Maybe tonight they will.

Princessrose, I hope you are recovering and your kitty is okay.    I live alone, and my 2 kitties have helped save part of my sanity through all this pain & recovery.     Of course, kitties love to wrap around legs, which isn't good for someone whose balance is a mess and is limping.....

brats!     :bgrin

Frank ---- I wish you all the best on your upcoming surgery!!

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:06:12 AM »
Frank I will be praying for you too.   I guess I made the medical journals, my surgeon showed me the MRI results and apparently the remainder of my gallbladder there is a gap between the bile duct, how I ever managed all these years is beyond me. Vange I live in a 55 plus independent living place and I love it.
Rose

hotlipsfrank

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
Thank you Vange and Princessrose

Vangelique140

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:57 PM »
still working on the insomnia.    so far 2 pills prescribed aren't working the way they should.
 :cry1

apparently I think another side effect of major surgery is crying jags.   I cry at the drop of a hat.  I've always been an emotional person, but sheesh!   I'm now crying at shows like Law & Order SVU (which I am binge watching as I now have DVR)

I think finally having DVR, which I got in May when I knew I was having surgery, has helped me keep my sanity.   I'm recording all kinds of crap.   I no longer have to worry about my VCR tapes dying.    I was down to only 2 working tapes.    I only have my VCR still 'cuz I need the DVD player.     

One of my cats is still trying to trip me constantly.  I think he doesn't want me to ever go back to work!!

:awesome