Author Topic: The Switch  (Read 78 times)

MadIceGoddess

The Switch
« on: September 17, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
I was suspicious that Marlena sounded a lot like Hattie as soon as she started accusing Sami.  And, I'm assuming the switch was made while everybody was in the chapel.  But, how do you switch out a person on a ventilator?  Some of the hospital staff had to be in on it. 

The way Kayla unhooked Marlena was rather ridiculous.  She removed the life supporting ventilator before they entered the room, then turned off the monitors, and then asked if they were ready.  I'm guessing the final machine she turned off was the oxygen, but that would've had no bearing on keeping Marlena alive.  Maybe she did that because she was in on it. 

But, now, where is Marlena?  She needs to be somewhere where she can get the care she needs.  And how long is John willing to keep her alive if she doesn't improve. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
Re: The Switch
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
Wow, I didn't see that coming, but now thinking back on how everything went down, it seemed as if Kayla might have been in on it. She was trying very hard to get everyone out of the room. I'm thinking it was because she needed to discuss how this switch was going to proceed.

webrowser

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:26:58 AM »
I think this is going to backfire on John. There is no way that he is going to be able to keep Hattie under full control. She has her own agenda and only cares about what she wants.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:05:54 AM »
So, I take it Justin was not appealing to the judge, but was out recruiting Hattie and making preparations.  I wonder if Victor is involved.  Victor doesn't care too much for Marlena, but does he care enough for John to help him?

And can someone fill me in on some history?  I know John is Brady's father, but when was he married to Isabella?  He said the other day he didn't remember life before Marlena.  And I remember it being said that when he came to Salem he thought he was Roman.  So, I'm guessing there was a period of time after he came to Salem where he was married to Isabella, they had a child, and then she died.  And who came first, Brady or Sami & Eric.  I think of Brady as being older than Sami, but it also seems like Eric is older than Sami even though I know they are twins.

sweetpea

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 07:42:05 AM »
Sami and Eric were born well before Brady. I remember watching in the 80s when John thought he was Roman, and Marlena wasn’t there because she had been kidnapped by Stefano and they thought she was dead. Sami and Eric were young teens, and Carrie was slightly older than they were. When Marlena miraculously came back from the dead, she thought John was Roman for a little while. Then the real Roman came back, and she tried to be with him for awhile. I think that was when John and Isabella got together and stayed together until she died. After that, John and Marlena had their affair and Belle was born - initially everyone thought she was Roman’s daughter and Sami kidnapped her once she found out (and changed) the DNA test so that nobody would find out that Belle was John’s daughter. She wanted her parents to stay together.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:31:04 AM »
Thanks Sweetpea.  I started watching around the time Belle moved into the loft.  Seems like Sami was changing DNA results then too, I think Lexie's son Brandon maybe?  So, I missed the Princess Gina days too. 

Puchie22

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »
What sweetpea said. Anyway, Lexie is not Brandon's mother, Brandon is Abe's son and Nicole's brother. Abe had an affair with Faye and she conceive Brandon but she never told Abe, sort of the way that this Lani chick came to town claiming she was Abe's daughter. I don't remember if Brandon and Lexie had an affair but I do remember that Abe's brother (forgot his name) and Lexie got together when Lexie was going to medical school, which by the way, she finished in less then a year. Isabella and John were married in the early 90's and Isabella is the only dead character that never came back except once when Brady spoke to her in his dream.  :awesome
Maria

Today was just another day, until I thought of you!!!!