Author Topic: Was Maggie right?  (Read 179 times)

Tricia

Was Maggie right?
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »
What does everyone think of Maggie’s opinion of Eric raising Holly?  Does he have too many issues that would keep him from being a good parent?

And Brady?  Now he wants to set up a memorial service for Nicole.  Hmmm...

I think both Brady and Eric have serious problems...

MadIceGoddess

Re: Was Maggie right?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
My thought, when Maggie was talking about him being so fragile he might fall off the wagon, was what about Brady?  She defended Brady keeping his son.  Isn't Brady also just one situation away from falling off?  And he's a double addict.  Also, has Eric ever lost his temper with a child.  Big difference between having a fist fight with Brady and any interaction with a child.  I don't think he can fight her in court though since he is not related.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »
I figured when Maggie walked in the pup and saw Eric fighting, there was no way she was going to want Eric to raise Holly. I actually have to agree with her. Eric does have too many issues right now and showed us he can't hold his temper. That's not good.

sweetpea

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
I don’t think Eric should have any right at all to raise Holly. I may be in the minority, but I believe that Maggie should be the one to raise her. She is Holly’s grandmother and Eric has no family ties to her at all other than he and Nicole were in love. I just don’t think that is enough to justify him taking Holly as his own. What happens in a few years when Holly realizes that Eric was the one who was driving the car that killed her father? I think it would be a mistake for him to be her entire world and then she finds out that little factoid and I can just imagine the confusion that poor kid would feel. Let Eric be a close family friend and Maggie would be her guardian. At least she would have a stable environment and someone else to go to when she finds out her favorite “uncle” Eric was the one who killed her dad.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:52:03 PM »
Where does Eric live now?  I thought he lived in a room above the Brady Pub.  Not exactly a great environment to raise a child. 

Tricia

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
Actually, MadIce, the Brady family used to live over the pub so not so very bad at all. 

sweetpea

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 11:46:37 AM »
Wasn’t the pub a fish market when the Brady family raised the kids there? Maybe a better atmosphere than the pub to raise a child.

Tricia

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
They did start out as a fish market but expanded into a pub over the years.  But I wasn’t talking about just the Bradys as kids.  Not too long ago, Caroline had young people staying there.  Was it Chelsea, Gabi...who?   Can’t remember.   And did Will maybe stay there a while?  Anyway, in that timeframe.

As Kimberly visited over the years, she and her kids stayed there as well.