Author Topic: The Hailey Storyline  (Read 142 times)

MadIceGoddess

The Hailey Storyline
« on: March 12, 2019, 06:24:39 PM »
This storyline is really trying me.  I'm about ready to just turn it off.  I don't need my Soap Opera preaching to me about illegal immigration.

hyattsfolly

Re: The Hailey Storyline
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Over it
😜 Melinda 😜

Tricia

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »
And I don’t really think that they’re portraying either side of the issue very well.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:31:14 PM »
I am so sick of almost every show I watch preaching about illegal immigrants. I don't know if they're trying to make us feel sorry for them or hate them for being in our country illegally. Subject matters like this have to do with politics that shouldn't be discussed on shows that people are trying to watch for their enjoyment.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
And I don’t really think that they’re portraying either side of the issue very well.

Right!  They are pushing their agenda, and today the way to do that is to make the other side is always portrayed as evil/backwards thinking/petty/etc.  It's their way or the highway.  No room for moderation.

I might not mind it so much if it weren't on almost every show I see these days.  But, this isn't the first time Days has waded into "issues".  I never like it when they do though.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
I agree politics does not belong on our programs we love to watch.  I can get very opinionated here where I live and when you have 70 apartments and activities every day sometimes I put my foot in my mouth and more than once we have heated discussions, I don't need it in watching Days or any other program I enjoy.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.