Author Topic: That Diamond Necklace  (Read 75 times)

Tricia

That Diamond Necklace
« on: July 09, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
Soooo many wrong things happening around the diamond necklace that Ted had made for Hope.  First, a really expensive piece of jewelry for a woman that he’d never even had a date with wasn’t right.  Smart of Hope to decline the gift.

When Xander presented it to Sarah for both her and Rex was just downright weird.  Although I do realize his reasons.  I thought it was beyond stupid of her to accept it.  Even more stupid to wear it immediately.  Couldn’t blame Rex for being upset about it. 

When Rex gave it to Chloe and she happily put it on was just waaaay beyond belief to me.  She should’ve- at least- said she wanted to talk to Sarah first.  But, really, Rex and Sarah should’ve discussed what to do with it together.  It could’ve been sold and the money given to charity or given to anyone that both agreed on.   Not a great start to their marriage partnership.

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts.  Kinda surprised it hasn’t been mentioned at all.  Anybody have opinions?

MadIceGoddess

Re: That Diamond Necklace
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 11:40:46 AM »
I totally agree.  The writers are using stupid stuff to advance their storylines. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »
I too agree with you Tricia. The whole thing was pretty stupid.

sweetpea

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
I think that they might be setting up a relationship with Rex and Chloe for the future. We all know that eventually Eric is going to stab his brother in the back and start something up with Sarah, just like he did to Brady with Nicole. Rex would have to be out of the picture, and since the storyline with the cartel is over, Chloe is not front and center anymore, she may be preparing to leave town...she could take Rex with her. 🤷‍♀️

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
I like Chloe and Rex together but maybe that's because I keep thinking of them as Chloe and Brady.

Tricia

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
Ha!  True, Sheryl.