Author Topic: A Year  (Read 47 times)

Tricia

A Year
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:58:40 PM »
Can’t wait to see the show on Monday after Jack told Jennifer that she’d been in a coma for a whole year...

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
Re: A Year
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »
I know, me too! I went huh???What the heck does this mean.  They said we would have a surprise and I guess we were surprised alright.  I really loved Friday's episode, it certainly left us hanging, so if a year has gone by, does that mean Kristin and Sarah had their babies??? Eric still with Nicole??? If Jennifer is alive, does that mean that Princess Gina is no longer?  Who did Ben spot that was so cold???So many unanswered questions. I can't wait until Monday!
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
I'm not sure I'm going to want to watch this episode. I'm certainly not as excited about it as you too. It's probably going to be someone's dream which I find stupid and boring. I want to see what's really going to happen, not something that perhaps is in a character's imagination.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:25:39 PM »
Sheryl, I'm with you on this.  Is this the work of new writers?  I read something about this the other day and I didn't like what I read, but it would be sorta a spoiler although not much of one.  I did not keep on reading after I saw the first part.  There was also something said that they were taking a 3 month break from filming which is not the norm.

sweetpea

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
I had read that they were going to jump a year into the future. I hope that means that some stories like the Princess Gina one will be wrapped up and normal Hope will be back. I’m looking forward to what is coming next. All of the babies should be born, and it will be interesting to see who is paired with who.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 11:45:30 AM »
Isn't the idea behind a Soap Opera to watch the storylines play out rather than to just have them closed and filled in on the highlights?  If they want to change the direction all they have to do is close them out quicker instead of dragging them out. 

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 08:58:20 PM »

I'm assuming this is going to be someone's dream and if Princess Gina or Rolf isn't dreaming, I can't see why Princess Gina would be in the dream oh unless Jennifer is dreaming.
In any event I'm not looking forward to it.

webrowser

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 06:03:30 AM »
Knowing these writers anymore nothing will surprise me.

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »

After today's show, I'm thinking they all must be dreaming and in my opinion, it's just plain stupid. OMgosh. I hate it when someone fantasizes about something they'd like to do but at least that's only for a short part of an episode. I can't believe almost this entire episode is nothing that's actually happened on the show and I don't think it's over yet.
I feel like I wasted an hour today on this show. I'm not sure I'll bother watching tomorrow.

Tricia

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »
I thought it was really interesting and can’t wait to see it tomorrow.

I’ve read some stuff on other sites that leads me to believe that this is not a dream.  I try very hard to stay away from spoilers so I hope this isn’t one. 

If it’s not a dream, I’m wondering if they’re trying for a more “This Is Us” type thing where they jump around many years to tell the various characters’ stories.  Since that’s one of my favorite shows, I wouldn’t mind if that’s the case.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »
I don't watch This Is Us, and I hate it when they do that. 

We still have to find out why Will is in prison, and they still have to address what happened with Lani/Eli and Gabi.  I'm wondering if Gabi is gone and that was why Abigail & Chad returned to the Dimera mansion.  Maybe Will killed Gabi.  I'm also doubting that Princess Gina is in prison.  I think it may be Eve since I don't think Jack would've referred to Hope the way he did.  At least one good thing came out of it, Haley and Jordan are gone for good, assuming they don't come back from the dead. 

Didn't Ben say he was in for a year?  Isn't that a rather short time for murder?

I like Kayla's new do.  Makes her look less matronly.  We also have to find out who she was talking to on the phone, whether Steve came back or if she has found a new love.

But, most of this could've been taken care of rather quickly without doing this jump a year ahead thing except Sarah's pregnancy.

sweetpea

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
I enjoyed the show today. I am hoping it’s not just a dream and that they will now use the next few episodes to fill us in on what has happened in the past year in Salem. They have some new sets too, which may mean that it really has been a year in Days time and this is where the story has gone. I am very curious as to why Will is in the slammer, and who thinks it is crazy that he has to bunk in with Ben, the guy who strangled him to death? I can’t wait to see what the rest of the cast has been up to in the past year. I want to know how Haley died, when did JJ start using drugs again, and how did Nicole end up heading Basic Black again? So many questions!

Tricia

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »
MadIce, Ben was saying he’d been in a year not that he was sentenced to a year.