Author Topic: Did you Miss Me?  (Read 89 times)

MadIceGoddess

Did you Miss Me?
« on: January 20, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
Sorry, I've been avoiding the page because I have been so far behind and couldn't get caught up.  I would watch 3 shows in one day and then miss the rest of the week, so kept getting further and further behind.  I hated missing all the conversations though.  Still not happy with the time jump and the fact that they are stringing out going back to find out what happened last year.  I guess that's an easy way to play with the storyline.  They don't have to worry about being consistent since we know the writers are not very good at doing that. 

One thing that has bothered me about this whole investigation into Stefano.  Why has nobody noticed all the artwork around the place that Stefano and Gina shared.  Rolf is not an artist and Stefano has always been into opera, but never delved into art that I know of. 

Also, I still don't understand how it is that Steve Johnson is the only person in the entire world that could've hosted Stefano's memories.  Stefano talked about how Rolf had to find just the right host.  Makes no sense to me. 

And just because Xander and Victor framed another man for Adrienne's murder doesn't mean that they didn't also frame Ben for Jordan's murder.  I can't believe Ciara just went for that explanation.

I still can't believe that Lani has not found a way to tell someone who could actually help her in a meaningful way.  Why couldn't her father help her.  He's a sensible man and knows how not to go off half-cocked the way JJ is.  And he has contacts with other agencies that could quietly help them out.  I don't know that she even deserves to get Eli back after being that stupid.

I had an awful thought today.  When they decided Makenzie needed a bone marrow transplant and Sarah said a full sibling being the best possibility of a match.  I got to thinking about that couple that conceived a child to harvest it's bone marrow to save their other child.  I hope Eric and Sarah don't go down that path.

sweetpea

Re: Did you Miss Me?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 08:48:44 AM »
I thought about that too when they mentioned the bone marrow transplant. What if it turns out that either A) Xander really is Makenzie’s father and he and Sarah try to have another baby, or B) Makenzie is actually Kristen and Brady’s baby and was switched at birth and then they have to have another baby?

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »

A lot of good questions MadIce but I don't have any answers. None of these stories make much sense and now this going back and having an entire episode from last May seems so stupid. If they wanted us to see what happened back then, why didn't they just skip the time jump and show us? What they're doing reminds me of what some of the prime time shows do. They'll go from present day to weeks before. I hate it on the prime shows and I hate it on Days.
Oh, and I too was wondering if Sarah and Eric would try and get a sibling so the sibling's bone marrow could be used. I hope not and I really hope this baby isn't Kristen's. I don't want there to be any connection between her and Brady. I can't stand them together.

Tricia

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:29:16 PM »
I missed you!  I always look for your comments.   But now with the impeachment going on, I’m all behind since I have to wait to get it on demand so I’m not on here much right now. 

Sheryl, the back and forth timing is definitely one of those cases where you either love it or hate it.  I actually am enjoying it a lot. 

webrowser

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 06:53:29 AM »

Follow this link https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives to catch up on Days of our Lives during these impeachment trial. That's how I catch up on them. It's a lifesaver.

:victory :duh :confused :cool1 :tu :zzz

The video's are usually available after 5pm or the next day. ENJOY.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:55:17 AM by webrowser »

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 06:36:24 PM »
Tricia I'm not too happy with the show going back and forth from last year to the present and back again.  I know some of the stories on Prime Time do this, that is one of the reasons I stopped watching This is Us.  I loved it when it first aired but by half of the second season I couldn't stand it.  I know the writers wanted to shake up the show, and many folks are turning it off, I see in Soap Digest how the ratings have dropped.  I wished they had never done it, but it's there and if we want to continue watching we just have to get used to it.  I'm not happy, but I've watched Days since the beginning and the characters are like family.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.