Author Topic: Mass Exodus?  (Read 88 times)

MadIceGoddess

Mass Exodus?
« on: August 29, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »
This whole turn of events seems so sudden and ill-conceived to me.  First, out of the blue Sonny wants to take this job as CEO in AZ.  And it appears he hasn't even discussed what he was up to with Will beforehand?   What kind of relationship is that?  I could see that maybe there weren't any storylines developing for them.

However, there was a storyline developing with Gabi, two in fact.  And Rafe is leaving Hope at her most desperate time when they should be working together to find Ciara.  It just makes no sense.  His story that his mother is very ill makes no sense either.  What is she going to think when he doesn't call on a regular basis?

Do we have new writers who are just trying to tie things up so they can steer the show in a whole new direction after that big change last year where they jumped ahead in time to do that?  Eventually, Shawn & Belle will probably return to Hong Kong and I doubt Sami or Lucas will stay around for long. 

sweetpea

Re: Mass Exodus?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
I’ve been watching Days since 1985 when I was in college. The cast has always shifted in and out with people coming and going. Sometimes I miss them, sometimes not so much. I kind of like 5he idea right now of some new characters coming in to replace ones who we have been seeing for years. They get a little boring and predictable after a while. I wish they were writing Sami better right now. The last time she was a regular, they had given her a much more well rounded character.  Now they are writing her very two dimensional again. She is a legacy character, they need to let her develop some as she ages and let someone else take over the volatile role. Ali was getting there, but then she ran away again.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 01:16:58 PM »
I get people coming and going, but this seems more like just moving characters out just to get rid of them rather than a natural progression of a storyline.  For example, when Sonny came in to tell Will about wanting to move to AZ, it sounded like he was telling Will for the first time about what he was working on.  Instead, they could've had Sonny come in and talk to Will about "You know these projects I have been working on with my brothers?"..... I mean, something that exciting surely he would have discussed with his partner prior to the day he says he wants them to move across the country.  They could've also planned a little ahead and had Sonny take a couple of business trips associated with those projects.  It takes time to negotiate contracts to bring in these new/old characters so TPTB surely had time to make it seem a little more realistic.

Tricia

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
True, MadIce.  I often wonder why they can’t add in some extra lines that would help the whole storyline make more sense realisticly.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 10:50:32 AM »
Plus, I guess it just seems like a lot of people leaving at the same time.  Sometimes they just sideline people for awhile.  Like, we haven't seen Claire in a couple of weeks and it's been awhile since I've seen Roman, but he's still in Salem. 

Maybe they're all in contract negotiations. 

Tricia

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 05:02:05 PM »
I was surprised to see Brady right at the end today (Monday).

I’ve read that they constantly have budget issues.  Maybe they’re requiring actors to take turns with some sort of leave of absence? 🤷‍♀️

Sheryl

• Administrator
    • Sheryl'sPage
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 06:42:37 PM »
I can't believe all the actors that have now left the show. There's not too many left that I even care about. I was happy to see Brady today. I sure hope he's sticking around.

webrowser

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »
  I know what you mean. These stories are getting fat too out of hand that I'm getting thoroughly sick of the show. I wish they would bring back Another World and Texas right from the beginning. Even as old as those soaps are, they still made more sense and better story lines.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »
We're not done with more folks leaving I'm afraid.  I was glad to see Eric, I hope he stays, Phillip can go, I don't even care if he's CEO of Titan, never liked him when he was on, certainly don't like him now. And just when Gabi and Jake "found each other" she's gone, stupid!!!  Where is Ciara?  And what happened to Claire???    The only hope I got was when Sonny said they would be back, so maybe for now they are off the canvas to return.
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

MadIceGoddess

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 04:31:18 PM »
When Will & Sonny left they made a point of doing a bunch of look-backs, so this may be a more "permanent" exodus.  However, they didn't do any of that with Gabi and Rafe, so maybe that means they won't be gone long. 

Hopefully, this is not considered a spoiler, but we have commercials here for Days and the latest one mentions a lot of people returning.  It shows a bunch of quick clips of people most of which I recognized although might not remember exactly who they were.  Of course they also showed Jan Spears and Philip Kiriakis.  I wasn't particularly happy with one of the actresses returning as I never liked her in that role.