Author Topic: 5.12 Dead is Dead  (Read 2045 times)

Dizzydeni

5.12 Dead is Dead
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »
The next episode is “Dead is Dead”

BEN ATTEMPTS TO SUMMON THE SMOKE MONSTER IN ORDER TO BE JUDGED FOR SINS OF THE PAST

To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged.

Written by Brian K. Vaughan & Elizabeth Sarnoff
Directed by Stephen Williams

Cast
Naveen Andrews as Sayid
Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond
Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday
Michael Emerson as Ben
Matthew Fox as Jack
Jorge Garcia as Hurley
Josh Holloway as Sawyer
Yunjin Kim as Sun
Ken Leung as Miles
Evangeline Lilly as Kate
Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet
Terry O’Quinn as Locke

Guest Cast
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Tania Raymonde as Alex
Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus
Sterling Beaumon as young Ben
Zuleikha Robinson as Llana
Said Taghmaoui as Caesar
Melissa Farman as young Danielle Rousseau
Brad William Henke as Bram
Matt Hoffman as Jed
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Dizzydeni

Re: 5.12 Dead is Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 06:08:49 AM »
Loved the episode.  John almost looks angelic.  Ben will now be more humble and follow John or his daughter will kick his ass again.  Ben has been a punching bag from the beginning, and you have to love and respect this actor.  He is wonderful.  We said a quick goodbye to Caesar, and wonder if the rest of the people on that plane are Widmore folks.

I missed Sawyer, but I enjoyed the show. 
Think of how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything.

Kris-SB

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »
Ben has been a punching bag from the beginning...

Yes he has....I love his slimey creepy butt getting kicked over and over again! Maybe I will enjoy him more now that he knows he has to obey Locke.

I am really really curious about the hyroglyphics in the catacombs where Ben found the smoke monster. There is a lot of speculation that the pyramids where built by aliens so is Lost gonna jump the shark and have the island turn out to be an alien ship/creation/temple? I would be really disapointed if they did that.

I think "Jacob" is actually the island itself and Richard is his son. Similar to how Jesus is the son of God. That is why Richard never ages and has always known what Jacob and the island want. They're linked.
Kris (Snow~Belle)
Good Friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you know they are there.

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
Loved it!  As much as I love my Sawyer, my favorite shows always revolve around Locke and Ben. Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson play so well off each other. John seemed so peaceful, didn't he. Like he finally knew all the secrets to the island. After watching last nights show I have to wonder if John is really Jacob.

It was good to see Desmond again. I've missed him.

Does anyone think Ceaser is really dead?  I don't. What about Ilana? At first I thought Widmore had sent her, now I wonder if she isn't working for Eloise Hawking. Speaking of Widmore, how hot was the guy that played a 30something Widmore. That dude was totally hot!

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:01:09 AM »
Did you notice John took his shoes off when he left the Hydra island then put them back on when he arrived on the main island? Remember those are Christian's shoes. These writers do little stuff that seems insignificant at the time, but later turn out to be important further down the way. We didn't see Ben taking off his shoes for the boat trip to the main island.

Princessrose

• Rose
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:34:25 AM »
Teri, I think the actor who played a young Widmore was actually the same actor, they put a lot of make up on him and a wig! Why on earth would he want Ben to kill Russo's baby???  There certainly are a lot of Godly overtones with thsi show.  A couple of weeks ago I watched the last episode of Life on Mars, and the ending was a total surprise, the clues were all there, we just didn't look for them.  That is what is happening with Lost.  Yes, John almost seemed angelic to me.  But are they in the present time or the past?  When they saw the photo of Jack, Sawyer and company and saw them wearing the Darhma clothing, and when the photo was taken, Bed really seemed surprised, but then I don't trust him.  I'm glad that he has to answer to John now. 
Rose

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
Loved it!  As much as I love my Sawyer, my favorite shows always revolve around Locke and Ben. Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson play so well off each other. John seemed so peaceful, didn't he. Like he finally knew all the secrets to the island. After watching last nights show I have to wonder if John is really Jacob.

It was good to see Desmond again. I've missed him.

Does anyone think Ceaser is really dead?  I don't. What about Ilana? At first I thought Widmore had sent her, now I wonder if she isn't working for Eloise Hawking. Speaking of Widmore, how hot was the guy that played a 30something Widmore. That dude was totally hot!

He was so hot.  I thought they did a wonderful job matching him to the old Widmore.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
I realize that John and Cristian have the same appearance, angelic, and almost Godly.  There is a peace around them both, and I saw that in Claire last season when she was in the cabin with her father.  Dead...maybe. I think Caesar is dead, shot that close with that gun, yep, dead and gone.  I believe they said that someone would die and I would rather see him go than anyone else.  I know more will perish, but I can dream, can't I?  Why would Eloise Hawking send these people to the island, unless she thinks her son is in danger?  I guess its a thought.  Desmond is always a welcomed site.  I am so glad Ben did not kill Penny.  Thank goodness little Charlie poked his head out at the time he did.

I love this show.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
Did you notice John took his shoes off when he left the Hydra island then put them back on when he arrived on the main island? Remember those are Christian's shoes. These writers do little stuff that seems insignificant at the time, but later turn out to be important further down the way. We didn't see Ben taking off his shoes for the boat trip to the main island.

No Feisty, I didnt see that at all.  Why do you suppose thats important?  I guess wearing another dead mans shoes will be significant.  You have got to watch everything.

masonmama

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
I think the fact that Ben couldn't kill Alex when she was a baby and obviously wasn't going to shoot Penny once he saw little Charlie shows that he has SOME redeeming qualities.  He is such an interesting character....on the one hand he seems awful, but on the other, you almost feel sorry for him... he had a difficult childhood with an abusive father, he obviously feels remorse about the loss of his daughter.  He's a very multi-demensional character.  Must be interesting for the actor to play him.   

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
Teri, I think the actor who played a young Widmore was actually the same actor, they put a lot of make up on him and a wig!

Rose.......I'm not talking about Alan Dale that plays the Widmore we all know. I'm talking about the good looking guy with the long hair that road into the camp at the beginning of the show. That is the younger Widmore I'm talking about. I realize the Widmore we saw being banished was Alan Dale in a wig and a ton of makeup. lol

FeistyRedhead

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »

No Feisty, I didnt see that at all.  Why do you suppose thats important?  I guess wearing another dead mans shoes will be significant.  You have got to watch everything.

I don't know why I think it's important. I just do. lol Just like the conversation between Hurley and Myles a couple of weeks ago. That conversation seemed like total fluff, but I think it will be important info further down the way.

Dizzydeni

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
I watched the episode again and saw the shoe thing.  John looks terrific.  He almost has an aura around him.  When they show flashbacks with him and hair, I hate it.  I love him bald and angelic.

Ben is a piece of work, lying still and manipulating everyone.  I think his days are up, as his own daughter kicked his butt and put him in his place.  Lets see the humble but very upset Ben now.